Sunday, March 27, 2011

Yogurt yum

I absolutely love Greek yogurt and quark but they are pricey and hard to find where I'm at here in the boonies : )  I get the Liberte Greek yogurt at Costco sinceI don't get there very often I ration it.  I get quark at Superstore.  I heard recently that President's Choice carries a line of Greek yogurt now too.  I'll have to make a trip to the city and go looking for it.  MAYBE...
I just purchased a Yolife yogurt maker, though I haven't received it yet.  I'm excited.  I have made quark in my oven but it doesn't always turn out so maybe the yogurt maker will heighten my chances of success.   I also bought a yogurt cheese maker to make the process easier (hopefully) instead of strainers and cheesecloth.  My dad says he used to make yogurt in the oven when we were kids; I have very vague recollections so it's probably not something that he did for the long haul.  I also remember him making bean sprouts, vaguely.  One health kick after another, no wonder I am like I am : )
I am getting a little bit paranoid about preservatives and sugar in the foods we buy from the store especially for my kids.  If I get them used to eating a certain way as small children it should help them later in life (I hope).  They eat my Greek yogurt when I do so I don't foresee any trouble switching completely to our own yogurt.  Now if only I had a cow...I really am kidding about that one.  A cow is a lot of work, they expect to be milked twice a day regardless of what is going on in your life.  My mom milked cows before and after school when she was a teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment