Sunday, October 31, 2010

Catching up

Halloween!
It'll be fun to actually participate this year. Last year at this time I was spending time in the hospital with my youngest daughter. I made the mistake of taking her for the flu shot the day after she'd had her 18 month immunizations. Febrile seizures, two of them, scared the crap out of me. But we are all healthy this year, knock on wood.
DD#1 is going to be Snow White and DD#2 is Cinderella. They love to be princesses. DD#1 cracks me up (she's almost 5) yesterday they tried on their costumes and she came up to me and said I was the queen and called me your majesty. Where does she come up with this stuff?
I'm getting where I want to be weight wise. I bought the book The Mayo Clinic Diet and also started running now I am lighter than I have been in ten years. It feels great. Holiday season is approaching so I hope I can keep it up.
I also bought a Body Bugg http://www.bodymedia.com/ I always love gadgets and this one keeps tabs on my activity and keeps me moving. A pedometer on steroids.
My greenhouse was a success. I actually had produce from my garden; lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, cucumbers, zucchinis, spinach and peas. So I was quite disappointed when it was time to pull up the plants and call it quits for the year.
I've also undertaken another challenge for this year. DD#1 is in kindergarten and I've chosen to home school her. I really like it and I think she does too. I wouldn't miss seeing her learning how to read and write. Why should someone else get the joys? I don't want to miss anything with my children.
I'm trying to think of what else to make up for the month lapse here. I could promise that I'll be better at keeping up to date but why make empty promises. Not that I don't have good intentions.
Until next time then.

No comments:

Post a Comment