Monday, May 3, 2010

Greenhouse











We were busy over the weekend. I finally got my greenhouse. My hubby decided to humor me and build me one since I found a fairly inexpensive plan for one. I think he was afraid I would undertake the endeavor myself and cost him money and make a mess.
We made a few changes to the plan I found. I got lucky too. My sister works for a greenhouse and they re-skinned one of there greenhouses and gave the plastic to her. There were only a couple tiny rips which will be easy to Red Green (duck tape). So I didn't have to buy plastic which lessened the cost even more. We also had the rebar. We had to special order the 3/4" pvc pipe. We found out that a friend of my hubby's could've gotten it for half the price. Oh well it's done now.
We got it up just in time. There is another winter weather warning out for our area. So we'll see how she holds up. I'm really not worried. But we'll see.
It will be nice to have a place to garden and be out of the weather. It'll also be nice to have a garden that produces. It sucks when you put one in and then it gets froze. It's very disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment