Monday, November 29, 2010

Death in the Family

My mother-in-law just emailed, and Grandma has decided against doing anymore blood transfusions.  The doctors give her two weeks, maybe more.  The DH grandma has been more of a grandmother to me than my own. 

My paternal grandmother died when I was 9 and my maternal grandmother is still alive and kicking.  She's one of those people who should have maybe considered not having kids.  She seems to thrive on the chaos and guilt she creates.  I love her but sometimes...

Anyways, my hubby's grandmother is the type that always remembers to send a card and she tucks a little cash inside.  The card is what matters though, I have every card she's sent me.  She makes an effort for her family and we're all going to miss her terribly.  She's a real sweetheart.  I just hate the thought that Grandma isn't going to make it to Christmas. Maybe she will but I hate to wish for it if it will cause her anymore pain (cervical cancer). I don't want her to suffer.


We lost my great uncle this past week.  He just missed his 100th birthday, he really wanted to hit the 100 but the mind was strong and the body was weak.  Now I'm just waiting for the vultures to land,  they've been circling for a while.  He had no children of his own so it's going to be a fight between the nieces and nephews.  My parents are going to steer clear of the whole thing.  My dad will attend the funeral tomorrow.

Well, I think that's all I'm going to write.  I don't want to blather and drag it out.  Death is a fact of life, and both Grandma and great uncle have lived theirs to the fullest. 
I should do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment