Thursday, November 18, 2010

Old Movies

I recorded some old movies from TCM the other night.  Don Knotts movies-Herbie goes to Monte Carlo and The Incredible Mr. Limpett- the kids love them.  They laughed and laughed when Herbie did his classic car-catwalk, as my daughter called it.  I'm going to look for some more classic Disney movies for them.
I have a huge collection of Katherine Hepburn movies and my sister has Marilyn Monroe.  We grew to love the classics when we were kids and didn't have access to TV because we didn't have an antenna.  But we did have a VCR, eventually.  At first we rented a VCR and movies for a treat but after a while when the price came down we bought one.  But our parent's were very picky about what we watched, our selection usually being what we could get at the church library, hence classics with any bad language bleeped out.   That was all we needed to develop a love of classics.  My favorite actors being Katherine Hepburn, Spencer Tracy, Cary Grant, and James Stewart.  Also, Gracie Burns was absolutely hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment