Thursday, September 17, 2009

Yes, I did miss my Wed blogging but with good reason. The hubby has been working away since Sat and the job hit a snag so he came home Tues night. He decided to use his first day off in 3 weeks going to the city. Not what I would have chose but to each his own. We had to take the girls because my parents were packing getting ready for a week long vacation. I really, really missed my day off.
I'd all ready been to the city on Monday. I took my suburban which held everybody, my mom, sister and brother plus the girls. The girls were not on their best behavior. They spent a lot of time crying in stores probably why my siblings made themselves scarce, often.
The youngest had a good reason for being grumpy. Sunday she burnt her finger on the lawn mower muffler. I was filling it with gas and couldn't even grab her and before I knew it she touched it. So she has a burn the length of her pointer finger and one in the tip of her middle finger. Even though I know it wasn't my fault and that things happen it still makes you feel awful.
Anyways, we spent Wed in the city as well. Yeah. The hubby needed a new cell phone and also a new carrier as he has been getting a lot of dropped calls. Not great for work. So $350 later he was set up. Yikes! Thank goodness he's been working a lot lately. We got home about 4 then he had to go get the gravel truck for hauling contaminant out of a plant. He'll probably do that the rest of the week.
My poor baby. I really dropped the ball this week. I don't know where my head is. She's been waking in the middle of the night again. I thought it was a faze so I most of the time just let her cry for a few minutes (no more than 5 or 10) and she goes back to sleep. But I was changing her diaper and she was fussing and I got a glimpse of a molar poking through. I should've guessed but I didn't. Feel stupid much? Oh yeah.
I was in my shed the other day. I heard a soft shushing noise and went looking for it. It you can believe it it was a butterfly with a ripped wing. Just raising and lowering its wings trying to escape. If I'd been braver I would've put it out of its misery. But I didn't. I took it out to the garden so it could die somewhere nice instead of the dark shed. Lame, I know. My hubby would just laugh if he read this.
I also discovered a mouse in the house Sunday. Yuck. I came down the hall and there it was scurrying under the dishwasher. So Tues I finally got around to cleaning. I pulled out the stove and cleaned under it. Since the dishwasher is right next to it there is an open space so I put down mouse poison. It's where I know my girls are definitely not going to get into it. The hubby put down traps when he got home. But that mouse keeps eating the peanut butter off of them. I just want it gone. I hate killing creatures but if something comes into my house and is making a mess and crapping all over things it's got to go. Sorry.
That I guess brings me to today. I was planning on spending the day just getting caught up on housework and paying bills etc. Instead I get a call from my mom. They were almost ready to leave and they got a call from neighbors to the east. The cows were on there land. So I took the girls and dropped them off for Mom to watch. Dad and I went over and chased cows in and then proceeded to spend the next 2 1/2 hours fixing fence. These cows of ours have absolutely no respect for fences. I'll be so glad when we can truck them east back to the in laws. I'm not a cow person. I hate seeing them so cute knowing that they're heading to the slaughterhouse someday. I do eat beef but I have trouble looking them in the eye. So I try to avoid them as much as possible. My hubby isn't really a cow person either but we got them given to us so how do you say, "no thanks." In the fall when we sell the money is a big relief because work is usually so slow in the winter.
So I think I'm done. The youngest is having a nap and the oldest is watching Diego. I think I need to sit with a book and a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment