Friday, February 6, 2009

A new way to diet

It seems like I've been on a diet forever. My mom was a Weight Watcher's leader when I was a teenager. She lost something like 60 lb in 9 months. She since then gained it back, thanks to anti-depressants and the house fire 4 years ago. In July she went to Herbal Magic and has almost gotten to her goal, so a loss of over 50 lb.
I'm sick to death of weighing and measuring (food and myself) and of keeping food journals. But I fear gaining more weight. Not that I'm grossly huge or anything. I've got ten pounds to lose to be back where I was before I got pregnant with my second child. Now I'm up 5 lb down 5 lb. Up and down. Not to mention compulsive eating and sometimes purging. It's awful and it must stop.
I was watching Steven and Chris a couple weeks ago and they had Paul McKenna on who has written the book I can make you thin. This is my second day on it and so far so good. You get to eat whatever you want, there are no "bad" food lists, you don't weigh for like 2 weeks ( a scary prospect for me). It seems like an interesting way to do it. Amazingly you eat when you're hungry, you eat whatever you want, you eat consciously (no more eating with books and TV) and stop when you are full. Seriously. There is also a hypnosis cd you listen to every day for 2 weeks. I'm willing to try anything. So we'll see where I am in 2 weeks.
Keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment